Hello, everyone! I’m so honored that the talented Laura of the blog Looking Joli Good nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog” award. Please be sure to check out Laura’s blog — she’s always posting new and intriguing content. She’s much more disciplined about it than I am.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them.
- Share 7-15 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 9-15 bloggers you admire and contact them to let them know.
Facts about me:
- I love backyard birds and am constantly refilling my feeders.
- I have three lovely indoor cats and also feed a couple of feline neighborhood wanderers. After dark, a posse of raccoons visits my back deck to nibble on cat food, as does a very sweet and shy possum.
- I recently started taking weekly tap and ballet/stretch classes. So much fun!
- I’ve lost 46 pounds since February and want to lose 35 more.
- When I was a reporter, I interviewed four presidents: Reagan, Ford and both Bushes. I also interviewed three first ladies: Barbara Bush, Nancy Reagan and Betty Ford.
- My husband and I worked at competing newspapers. We met at the scene of a stabbing.
- I first got interested in makeup and skin care when I was undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer. Chemo makes you look tired and dries out your skin. I didn’t want to look ill.
- I have been to 18 Rolling Stones concerts, but my first concert was the Osmond Brothers. My dad took my friend Debby Carter and me to see them at the Los Angeles Forum. He says it was one of his most generous acts of fatherhood.
- Two places I want to go before I die: the Greek Islands and Portofino, Italy.
- My hair has been brown, red and platinum and lots of colors in between. Golden blonde works best.
- I’m a proud University of South Carolina Gamecock and I’m pretty sure the Chicken Curse is real, at least as far as the football team goes.
- I was the reporter who broke the “Ozzy Osbourne Urinates on the Alamo” story. He was a hilarious interview. Sharon was intimidating.
- I believe having a few close, loyal friends is better than having a lot of semi friends. I love my girlfriends Kelly, Nikki and Diane from high school; my sister, Allison; and my college roommate and lifetime co-conspirator, Jill.
These are some of the bloggers I enjoy, in no particular order. Check them out and give them some love:
- Rougepout Beauty
- Elegant Ageless Beauty
- The Lavender Barn
- 50 is Not Old
- The Real Golden Girl
- My Style Artery
- Her Quarters
- Make it Ultra
- Fashionista in Suburbia
- Beautylicious Style
Thanks again to Laura for nominating me. Remember: If you have a passion, blog about it!